If you have never undertaken a renovation or construction project, it is quite possible that the role of the general contractor seems vague at first. What is the country for what?
Let Me Give You 2-3 Examples.
The general contractor is the conductor of the works. It is by living it on a daily basis that you will be aware of everything that it manages, every minute it passes on the site.
Alex often says that his job is to solve problems. Every day, at all stages of construction, there is an unforeseen, a delay, a problem. It’s part of their daily lives and they are equipped to solve them.
- It’s the entrepreneur who will get you the best prices from specialized contractors to save you money
- It is the entrepreneur who will persist with the excavation guy who charges an extra not mentioned in the contract
- It is the contractor who will deal with the joint shooter if the job is not to your taste
- It’s the entrepreneur who knows which guy is working in cabochon and who is reliable to do a good job on your house
- It’s the entrepreneur who will take care of your home that does not work anymore one year after your move
- It is thanks to the contractor that you will have 5 years warranty on your new house
Why You Should Hire A General Contractor
As I said earlier, when they think of building a new home, most people wonder if they really need a contractor.
To understand why, you have to know the biggest fears to be built.
According to another hyper-scientific survey, two main ones are identified:
- Costs (unforeseen, as long as there are, extras)
- To be fucked (it’s not me who says, mum!)
Here are 2 reasons why you should hire a general contractor.
Your Entrepreneur, Your Trusted Ally
The best advice I can give you, and it comes from one of our clients. It is to choose the entrepreneur with whom there is a good fit. It is important to have chemistry and trust is established at the first meeting.
By choosing a trusted ally, your project will be a success. You do not want to be in constant confrontation with your entrepreneur. Throughout your construction, this trusted ally will bring you peace of mind, and that’s worth it. You want it to roll right, even when you’re not always there supervising the yard.
General Contractor Have The Time To Decide Smartly
To be built in new, it is a big project, everything is to decide, of the plan until the moving out: materials of the windows, floors, kitchen, colors of paint, choice of plumbing, type of external covering, type d stairs, etc.
Your contractor will also guide you in the choice of materials. He is not at his first house, he knows which are durable and which are to be avoided.
He will also tell you when to go shopping these items: which to prioritize in time, what will come later, where you should go shopping, which counselor to go to see for good service, etc.
In short, the entrepreneur will take care of managing your site while you, you take the time to make smart choices.